Monday, July 27, 2015

Few more hours in my day.

I know it has been way too long since I posted on my blog. Truth be told I just didn't have time. 
 What's changed??? My husband work schedule. Because he works outside in this  incredible, insane,  hot weather they have decided to start their work day at 6 am verse 8 am.  You ask what does this have to do with me posting again. Well, my husband is like a bull in a china shop, he means well and tries to be quite but the harder he tries the more noise he makes. So I am up most morning at 4:30.
It's not bad, I do get a lot more done in the morning but the down side is I am falling asleep at 9 pm.  I hate to admit it but this makes me feel old, if we start having dinner at 4:30 I made need some intervention!
So because I have a little more time on my hands in the wee hours of the am I am going to work on keeping my blog current.

Here are just a few things I have been up too!

I have started a love affair with Annie Sloan paint, anything I can get my hands on gets new life with a coat of paint. 
My husband had this old tool box he made back in the 80's.

So here it was when he so generously gave it up to me.

And now a new planter for my succulents. Oh yeah, now hooked on succulents but that a whole other post for another day.
I have many other projects I have transformed that I will share on other post, but just know I an not above picking through someones garbage to find my next project.....

Next thing I have been working on is a quilt I am designing. Yes, didn't start out wanting to design a pattern, just fell in love with the block and kept making them. 

The block is from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage, which I am obsessed with! It is Simple Star block with a Postage Stamp block in the center. Yes those tiny squares are a 1 1/2! I had a charm pack of a fabric that we will be getting in the shop and I begged Kathy to order it. So the deal was she would order it if I made the shop sample. I did make one more color way with this block but I guess I didn't take a picture of that.
Here is the quilt in progress.

The fabric in the Postage Stamp block is call Farm Girl by Fig Tree which we should have in the store in early September. I did get 8 block centers out of one charm pack.
I will post more pictures as I progress on the quilt. 

Last but certainly not least, 
 Buckas, yes I finally caved and let Wally and Amanda get a dog. Long story how Buckas came into our lives, lets just keep it short and say we rescue him. 
We were told he is a 1 1/2 but we think he may be a bit younger. Full of energy and likes to get into mischief. 
He has such a cute face and the saddest eyes I can't stay mad at him too long. 
He does like to terrorize the chickens but so far the gate has kept him for them.

Lot more to share in future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment